Progress – 10/26/2016

OK, so it’s been two months since I updated! Things got hectic with back to school and everything that goes along with carting 3 boys around to all their events.

Steady progress has been made since the last time I checked in. The roof is on most of the house (with the exception of where the chimneys will go), all the doors are installed, the electric and plumbing are almost complete, large beams were installed in the Master Bedroom, and a whole bunch of other smaller jobs were completed. We are looking forward to our first inspection soon!

Here is the visual tour:

IMG_2104.JPG
View of the house with the roof completed. (09/13/16)
IMG_2197.JPG
The fireplace going in. Since all of our fireplaces are propane, they just need to be plywood boxes that we will apply the stone to. (10/4/16)
IMG_2205.JPG
Large pine beams in the Master Bedroom and Bath – completed. (10/4/16)
IMG_2146.JPG
Mark installing the beams. We had to use a pulley system with straps to get the very heavy beams in place. (9/25/16)
IMG_2207.JPG
My bath tub installed in the bath. It is a wonder that it survived in one piece for as long as it has been sitting around the work site! (10/4/16)
IMG_2209.JPG
Electric and heating going in the basement. (10/6/16)
IMG_2228.JPG
Mudroom door installed.(10/16/16)
IMG_2229.JPG
French doors to the screened in porch. These doors are 96″ tall. The open spot to the right of the doors will be a fireplace, and there will also be one on the porch.
IMG_2233.JPG
Front door installed! (10/16/16)
IMG_2216.JPG
Timber roof over the window in the basement. These will be covered with metal roofing. (10/10/16)

 

IMG_2179.JPG
This is what happened to some of our beams during storage while we were constructing our house. Because they were wet, mildew grew on the beams. I tried about 15 different things to remove it, but nothing worked. Bleach was the only thing that removed it somewhat, but still not enough.
After a lot of research, Mark decided to purchase an electric planer. Even though it was expensive, it did the job much quicker and better than the previous attempts. No more black and hours of sanding/treating. (10/23/16)
IMG_2255.JPG
Shot of the rear of the house. You can see the huge pile of shavings left behind after we planed some of the beams. Also note that the La Cantina door has been installed.

Next up on the schedule is getting the siding and soffit installed, insulation in the ceilings and partial basement walls, beams on the second floor ceiling, finishing up the HVAC so we can work in a warmer area since the weather has turned colder, painting the cabinet doors for the kitchen/pantry, installing the septic, gas and water, and about a thousand other things! I hope that the weather doesn’t turn too cold for a while.

IMG_2149.JPG
And a big shout out to this guy for all the help he gives us. We couldn’t get as much as we do without his help.

Thanks for checking in!

Save

Save